Jun 22, 2007

June 22, 2007 - Day 8

The reason I mentioned our lunch during yesterday's post is because it came back to haunt me. I started not feeling well last night, and by the time I woke up I had a 101.8 degree fever. I've felt nauseous for about 20 hours, and I'm convinced it was food poisoning. How do I know? Because every time I even think of the Shrimp and Crab Melt I had for lunch, it makes me want to vomit. I spent all day in bed, trying to recover so we could go down and see Andrew. I'm feeling better now, though still a bit nauseous and hot (it's a warm day). We'll probably go down later this evening after the nurse's shift change (around 8pm), so that I have the maximum time to recover and Danielle can be assured that she's not sick as well. Just in case it's not food poisoning, I won't go in to see him today.....getting him sick would NOT be a good thing.

On the positive side, his flow is down to 25 and he's sounding very stable. The surgeon stopped by today and is shooting for a Monday surgery, though that's still very flexible.

No comments: