Jun 4, 2009

Willow the brat

I promised J that I would pull my fair share of blogging, so here's my first entry on the new blog.

As most of you know, Willow has been a part of our lives for a little over six years now. Those of you who know her might have the opinion (albeit incorrect) that she is a bit, well, spoiled.

So maybe she sleeps under the covers with us every night. And, yes, her grandpa made her a ramp so that she can get up on the bed. I guess it is a bit unusual that we have to take her with us when we go away for the weekend- she doesn't really do the whole kennel thing.

Unfortunately, she seems to be taking the whole spoiled dog thing to a whole new extreme. Ever since we brought her home from her last surgery she has been a whiny, pain in the butt. She will sit on the floor, stare at us, and whine pitifully, nonstop. For awhile, we thought she was hungry, even though we were feeding her three times a day. She was devouring everything we put in front of her.

We think we might have figured out the issue last night and J put the theory to the test today. Apparently, Willow is only happy when she assumes this position on the couch.


I was sitting on the couch in the living room when we finally discovered the cause behind the whining. She kept coming in and crying at my feet. Since I had just fed her, I figured she wasn't hungry. It wasn't until I got up, found the white blanket that we use on our other couch, put her next to me on the living room couch, and allowed her to burrow under the blanket that she left me alone and went to sleep.

She did the same thing to J this morning. She whined at him until he grabbed the magic white blanket from the couch and let her sit next to him underneath it. I don't know what we did to encourage this behavior, but apparently Willow is only happy when she has her blankie to sleep under.

Fortunately, she hasn't gone completely princess yet. Here she is sunbathing in the dirt amongst the weeds before we started construction on the back yard.


As I type right now she is curled up next to me fully engulfed in the white blanket. I guess it could be worse!?!?

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

SEE...I told you she was a spoiled brat!!!!! I feel so much better now that you are finally aware of your dogs issues. Thank you.
P.S- My dogs are still cooler than yours.