Sep 12, 2007

Just the Numbers

I'm not going to provide any commentary, because I don't like it when Andrew makes me regret a positive report. So for now.....just the facts, ma'am.

He's gotten into the 30s on his oxygen settings, and has continued to have gases within parameters. They are weaning the amplitude on his hi-fi vent, going from the 40s to a current value of 34. With each gas where his pH is over 7.36, they'll lower the amplitude by two. They're trying to get to 26, which they consider minimal settings for a baby of his size. They've restarted the feedings at 17cc per hour, and haven't seen any negative responses to this point.

After flying to Portland this morning at 7am and landing back in San Diego after 10:30pm (and having my luggage lost), it's been a long day. I stopped by the hospital on the way home for a little while....he's still sedated, still on his side, and still cute, even though he's getting a bit swollen from laying in one position.

And now, it's bedtime, so that I can get back up and be on work calls early tomorrow morning.

No comments: