Sep 13, 2007

More of the Same

I'm half asleep as I write this, so I'll keep it brief. He's down to an amplitude of 28 on the hi-fi ventilator, and will continue to 25. Then they'll talk about switching him to a conventional vent. We haven't had a family conference this week, but we know the doctors have been talking amongst themselves about Andrew this week. They're investigating options for new breathing tubes, including talking to radiology about moving his current tube into his right airway and talking to various companies about split tubes that would inflate one side while blocking the other.

The lights were on this evening, so I took some pictures. I'm far too tired to upload them right now, but I promise I'll get some up tomorrow evening. He's swollen, but it's mostly on his left side, which he's been resting on this week. Due to the blankets around him, it's not really visible except in his face. I hope everyone's having a nice week. More tomorrow.

No comments: