Mar 13, 2008

Rough Week

It's been a (physically) difficult week. D was sick last week, and I managed to catch it by last weekend. The symptoms started with a sore throat, which eventually got worse and added a painful cough/headache combination. To make things worse, I had to leave the house at 5:45 am on Monday and Tuesday, for all-day trips to Salt Lake City and Sacramento. Having gone to bed between 2 and 3am each day and not slept well due to coughing and wheezing, the trips were exhausting. I spent most of Wednesday on the phone and Thursday in Mountain View, and I still haven't caught up on sleep. Friday is another phone day, then I have to spend the weekend writing a chapter for my book project. Everything becomes much less fun when it feels like you're swallowing fire.

D dealt with all the side effects of sickness last week, and was also busy with softball. I went to their game on Saturday and watched them win a hard-fought contest against a very competitive school. On Sunday we went to Sea World, and we've been spending this week seeing each other whenever we could find the time. Next week I'm in Kansas and Las Vegas, so our schedules aren't clearing up any time soon.

I know there are worse problems to have, but I'm so exhausted that everything seems just a little more overwhelming than usual. For instance, I have to wrap this up before I fall asleep sitting up. G'night!

No comments: