Jul 23, 2009

Geek Week

WARNING: First it was cycling, now it's sci-fi, fantasy, and geek TV.  The next paragraph contains lots of nerdy content.

Last week I won two passes to Comic-Con, the annual nerdfest held at the San Diego Convention Center.  Since D wouldn't be very comfortable walking around all day, I used the two passes myself, for two different days of the Con.....so I'll be there tomorrow (Friday) and Saturday.  I'm a little concerned that I'll be overwhelmed by the sheer number of people that will attend....they're expecting 120,000.  I also worry that I won't be able to get into the panel discussions I'm interested in, and will spend my time wandering about aimlessly like a lost droid.  A few of the panels I'd like to see: The Big Bang Theory, Dollhouse, Chuck, Family Guy, and the Kevin Smith Q&A.  Believe it or not, there are are even geekier ones that I won't mention.  Unfortunately, I missed out on Thursday's events, which included panels for Psych (the show on USA) and Legend of the Seeker, a show based on a favorite series of books.  I also missed the Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog fan screening, though I'm determined to track down Felicia Day at some point.  D might head to Orange County to escape the extreme geekiness that will be wafting from me when I return home.

For the non-geeky, I also won tickets to go see two comedians (Brian Posehn and Doug Benson) on Friday and to see Snoop Dogg in concert on Saturday.  I don't think I'll make it to either one, but let me know if you're in SD and would like to go....I might be able to pick up the tickets.

And, on a completely different note, the baby was tap-dancing on the inside of D's belly tonight.  She was extremely rambunctious for a long period of time, through a couple of hours of TV watching.  It was a little more forceful than usual, and unrelenting.....D was ready to take a shot of whiskey to calm her down (just kidding!).  I got to feel her rolling around like an American Gladiator in an Atlasphere.  Let's just say it's much more exciting when it's not your pelvis that's getting kicked.

1 comment:

Jenny Weddel said...

All the Lost panels are on Saturday. GOOOOOO!!!