Jan 9, 2008

Back to Work

This week has been our first real week of work in a while. D went back on Monday; though she's been grading papers and tests the entire time, it's been many weeks since she's been in the classroom. Though she had the expected trepidation about going back and having to face so many people, it went well and wasn't as emotional as it could have been. Everyone has been very supportive...students, teachers, and administration.

Our schedules this week have kept us pretty separate...D works Monday/Wednesday/Friday and I had a trip on Tuesday. After going to bed at 3:30am, I had to get up at 4:30am and take the first flight to Seattle. After spending the day there and having my already-late return flight postponed by two hours, I didn't arrive home until around 1am. D went to bed while I fell asleep on the couch. Willow has been whimpering when put in her cage at night...I kept her in the living room with me so she wouldn't disturb D's sleep. By the time I woke up, it was practically morning anyway and D was leaving soon, so I finished out the night on the couch. Aside from a headache and a crick in the neck, it wasn't bad.

Willow is still improving. When she walks slowly, it almost looks normal, though she still has a limp and wobbles a bit. When she walks faster or isn't concentrating, it looks like she's had a little Jack Daniels added to her water bowl. We're happy with her progress though, and we're hoping it continues.

No comments: