Feb 5, 2008

Super Tuesday

We've been glued to the TV for the last several hours, watching election results come in and listening to talking heads interpret those results. The closeness of the race on both sides is certainly exciting, and it makes for good television.

On Sunday we went to see Corteo, the latest Cirque du Soleil performance to visit San Diego. They've set up their huge blue and yellow striped tents in the parking lot at the Del Mar Fairgrounds, and they put on quite a show. I don't get enough sleep to spend two hours in a darkened room without getting a little sleepy, but the vast majority of the acts were exciting and impressive.

After the show, we got home and quickly started the Super Bowl. It was a lonely two-person party, but the incredibly boring game eventually turned fun in the fourth quarter. I found myself rooting for the Giants from the opening kickoff....I'm still not sure why....so it was exciting when they finally pulled it out. Next year I'm holding out for the 49ers.....or at least the Chargers.

There's not a whole lot else to report. We're both working hard...I took a day trip to NorCal yesterday, and D's starting in on a new semester at school. The next two weeks look even busier, including D's birthday and a few work trips.

I've been told that the readers of this blog would like less talk and more Willow. I'll do my best to satisfy your cute dog needs later this week.

No comments: