Jul 27, 2010

Almost there

Kate has been pulling up on all our furniture fairly regularly for a few months. A month or so ago we tried to get her to use her walker to practice. She wasn't great at it in the beginning...



Clearly, she wasn't quite ready yet. So, we put away the walker for awhile as Kate seemed to have no interest in using it and wasn't solid enough on her feet yet.

Fast forward to yesterday. I was trying to come up with something new to do while J was on the phone so I revisited the walker not expecting much. I stood Kate up, put her in front of the walker and this is what happened.



She was off to the races the very first time. Kate is loving the ability to walk around the house and is becoming a quick pro at using the walker.

I am pretty sure that she will be walking on her own in no time. I'll be honest and confess that, although I was very happy to see the progression, Kate crawling was a big change for us and has made things a bit more challenging. Unlike crawling, I am very excited for Kate to take those first steps. For starters, my back has about had it with carrying around a 25 pound baby. Also, I do love to shop, and baby shoes are just about as cute as baby dresses. More importantly, I think walking will give Kate new freedom and independence that I know she will really love.

No comments: