Jul 2, 2007

Attempting to have fun

It seems a little disrespectful to Andrew to have too much fun while he's in the NICU, but I know that it's important for us to keep our spirits up in any way we can. Tonight we're headed downtown to see Avenue Q, which won a Tony for Best Musical in 2004. I don't know a whole lot about the plot, but I do know that it involves some very irreverent (and foul-mouthed) puppets. A good friend got free tickets and was nice enough to invite us.

We'll be going down to the hospital after rounds today (3:30) and staying there until we head to dinner and the show. Our days now have to be planned in three hour increments (you can probably guess why), so we've been scheduling our time carefully today. We may have some awkward moments in the car before and after the show (and I already know D will be miffed that I wrote this).

No comments: