Jul 30, 2007

"I Think He Likes Me"

It has been a very long day. It started in LA and the OC, and ended in San Diego...by the time we got home, it was already after 8pm. We thought about staying at home and going to bed, but instead decided to head down and see Andrew for a little while. We planned on leaving the hospital by 10pm, yet somehow managed to stay until 11:30. Fortunately, they made it worth our while...

At 10:21pm, 63,683 minutes after Andrew's birth, D held him for the first time. Thirty-five minutes later, I joined the club. It was a really wonderful moment for both of us, and completely unexpected. He seemed to feel very comfortable with us (mostly with D) and even managed to fall asleep in her arms. When I was holding him, he decided not to fall asleep....instead he threw up on me. The image of Andrew in D's arms was very sweet, as it was when she looked up at me and said, "I think he likes me."

I really have to go to bed now, so I'm going to post a few pictures and leave the rest of the description (as well as a medical update) until tomorrow.

No comments: