Oct 22, 2007

Evacuation Sucks

We were evacuated from our house this afternoon, shortly after I returned home from the hospital. We packed up both our cars with stuff (pictures, valuables, etc) and headed down to Pacific Beach, where we're staying with Andrew's Auntie J (no relation). I don't anticipate the house being threatened, but everything is still pretty volatile.

Andrew's hospital is south of the major fire zones and should be completely safe. I got to visit for a few minutes earlier...he was unhappy, but seemed to calm down before I left. They sprinted him for two hours this afternoon, but then needed to give him some extra Ativan to relax afterward. He was sleeping comfortably the last time I checked in.

I'll update the blog when we know more about the house and/or evacuation, but I'm limited to my BlackBerry at the moment, so they may be short posts.

No comments: