Oct 13, 2007

Motor Running Hot

Andrew had another grumpy day today. His heart rate and blood pressure were high, possibly because they discontinued his heart medication yesterday. They had him on something last week while he was having the same issues....it seemed to be effective, because it came back soon after the medication stopped. I'm not sure of the root cause, but we'll definitely be talking to the doctor about it at our next family conference. I'm overstating things a bit when I say he was grumpy, because he really didn't seem all that upset, but I think having a high heart rate made him a bit nervous. He was breathing a little hard and had a scared look in his eyes at times.

That being said, he's still doing well on the ventilator. He's still at four sprints per day and he's still getting great results on his follow-up blood tests. Let's hope he continues with the same pattern.

I don't have a whole lot of new info today, so I'm going to try and get some sleep. Have a nice weekend.

No comments: