Aug 31, 2009

Bath time

We spent a long, exhausting day at D's school today, getting everything ready for the sub, making sure her room was arranged appropriately, and meeting with the newspaper editors. I didn't get enough sleep last night, so I was zonked by the middle of the day. I managed to take a little nap on the couch in the journalism classroom, with Kate hanging out on my chest. It was a nice nap, but it's still been a long night.....it's been really hot and we can't seem to cool down the house without blasting the air conditioner. It was all worth it, though....D got a lot accomplished, and it was our longest outing since Kate was born.

Since her umbilical cord is gone, we can theoretically give Kate a bath now, but it's still a little raw in her bellybutton. So, we gave her another sponge bath tonight, though we did use our baby bathtub (to hold her) this time. Here is the little Yoda outfit (a towel with a head covering in the corner) that she wore after the bath.





We've got more visitors coming into town tomorrow (until Sunday) and I'll also be working, so I don't know what my blog volume will be like this week. I'll keep trying to take pictures and post when I have time.

No comments: