Aug 23, 2009

I Love "The Snug"

I mentioned a couple of days ago that swaddling was going to be key to keeping Kate happy.  This has definitely been the case, as she tends to squirm when placed un-swaddled into her bassinet or Pack & Play, where she's a tiny pebble in a sea of green or yellow.  D got a book called Baby-Gami from a teacher at her school, and it has 96 pages of detailed wraps, slings, and soothing techniques.  While it's a bit of overkill to have as many baby wraps as their are nautical knots (who needs more than two or three?), Baby-Gami has provided several hours of peace in the last few days.  While there is an official wrap called "The Swaddle,"  I've been using "The Snug."  I managed to get it right the first time I tried, and it hasn't failed me yet.

1 comment:

Marianne said...

Yeah for you Jaime!! I love seeing daddies get the swaddling down. They feel so proud that they've conquered a task that only they can do so well!! Way to go.