Sep 16, 2009

Catching Up

I've been working a lot more, and we've continued to have visitors staying with us, so I haven't gotten around to much blogging. I haven't taken many pictures either, but I've got at least 12 new ones posted at the photo site. A few of them are below.

Kate's been doing well, eating a ton and gaining weight. We'll get the official measurement from the pediatrician on Thursday, but our unofficial measurement has her over 11 pounds. Let's hope her height is keeping up with her weight.

She's really been impressing me with her neck strength. When she's laying on my chest, she can lift her head off my chest, hold it up, and turn it from side to side to look at me. I can tell that she's getting stronger every day.

She's also paying a lot more attention to specific people and objects while she's awake. I can tell things are starting to click a little more in her brain, and it makes me look forward to the next couple of months.

We've done a lot of reading about sleeping/feeding/etc, and I've read that the technical definition of "sleeping through the night" is five uninterrupted hours of sleep. I'm not sure for whom five hours is a full night, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Given that definition, Kate slept through the night about a week ago. Since then, she's had at least one four- or five-hour-long period of sleep every day, but it hasn't always been at night. Unfortunately, she's sometimes mixed up on her days and nights, so we've had a few sleepless ones. We're working on it.

Here's a shot of Daddy and Kate resting peacefully.


Tummy time quickly turned into nap time.


Still sleeping. Are you sensing a theme here?


Today she slept through an entire trip to the zoo. Check out the other site for a picture of Kate being stalked by a jaguar.

No comments: