Nov 30, 2007

Hair



It seems almost sacreligious at this point to post pictures of Andrew that are less-than-flattering, but I want to make sure that I immortalize everything about him, both the good and the....not so good. The steroids definitely did a number on him, which appeared most prominently in his swollen cheeks and hair loss. I know some of this may have been due to natural hair loss in babies his age, but I think the steroids may have accelerated the process. These pictures have a good angle on the bald patches that were left on his head.

The puffy cheeks were cute in a way, especially since we were expecting them to diminish over time. Some of the lesser side effects were not cute, but sometimes funny....they read like a steroid warning label. He had a little acne on his chin...just a couple of small bumps. And though he was losing hair on his head, he had plenty of hair in other places. On his chin, on his chest, and on his legs; he was like a little old man.

One hair location that I don't think I can blame on the steroids is his forehead. He was born with hair coming all the way down to his eyebrows, and while most of the other "baby hair" rubbed off as it was supposed to, this just got thicker and darker. I'm guessing my Greek and Italian blood had something to do with it...let's just hope that any future babies (especially girls) don't share that trait.

No comments: