Nov 2, 2007

Hot for Normalcy

Andrew seems to be back to normal today. Of course, normal means a high heart rate and a bit of a fever....fortunately, it also means that he was awake and alert. I didn't get to see him until after shift change today (8pm) due to a long work day at the end of a long work week. After he was asleep the entire time I was there yesterday, it was great to see him looking at me and happy....I missed him.

He still has to deal with the infection, but I feel like he's back to his usual self and won't have much of a problem. He's on the appropriate antibiotics and is past the sedatives he was on during surgery recovery. They're starting to wean his ventilator settings again, and have placed the "wean parameters" at a reasonable level; during the past two days, it would have been almost impossible for him to reach the test results necessary to turn down the breathing rate.

I feel like I'm not writing quite as coherently as I normally do, so I'm going to do myself a favor and go to bed. It has been an incredibly long week, and I look forward to sleeping in tomorrow. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

No comments: