Nov 29, 2007

Home Again

No news, but we're home safe and sound.

I know that not everyone reads this blog every day, and that each day some people are still discovering the news that Andrew hasn't made it. I hate that people have to find out in such an impersonal and piecemeal manner, but in some ways I feel like we're going through the same process. We wake up every morning and have to remind ourselves that we aren't going to visit the hospital today. I still have on the armband that identifies me as a NICU parent; there's no real reason that I haven't taken it off, but I've grown used to it and it feels like nothing is permanent until it's off my wrist. I'm not deluded enough to actually believe that, but it is a nice memento.

Thank you all for the kind emails, cards, and calls. This blog's continuation is a tribute to you as much as it's a tribute to Andrew.....it is a place to celebrate his impact on all of us. The pictures and stories will resume tomorrow.

No comments: