Dec 19, 2007

Daydreaming

D and I are having a good time for the most part, though we still get pretty emotional occasionally. Every time we see a small kid (less than 3ish), we wonder exactly how old they are, and how Andrew would have looked at that age. There was a little boy in front of me on the airplane, and all I could see of him was his hand on the window. Kids' hands are completely different from adults in shape and texture, and I found myself staring at his hands and thinking of Andrew.....it's the littlest things that can trigger those kinds of thoughts. It's pretty rough for me to consider the fact that we'll never know what Andrew could have become....the toddler, the adolescent, the teenager, the man that he would have been.

Around the resort there are kids of all ages, though it's not overrun with them like Disney or somewhere similar would be. They obviously range from the cute (a young boy yelling "Expecto Patronum") to the not-so-cute (major tantrum before dinner at a nice restaurant). We jokingly say that we would want our kids to skip the not-cute phase, but we really just wish Andrew were here....at any age, in any phase.

No comments: