Dec 21, 2007

Success!!!

Day 4 ended with a successful manta ray snorkel! We got to spend quite a bit of time in the water, watching two mantas glide gracefully below us. It was everything I had hoped for, and we had a really great time.

As expected, the pictures didn't really come out well. My underwater camera isn't great in the best of conditions; the combination of darkness, bubbles from scuba divers, and water filled with plankton made the mantas look like white streaks. Video mode seemed to work a little better, so I got one good video which I'm in the process of uploading. I'll post a link tomorrow night.

In the morning we're heading out early (again) to swim with spinner dolphins and whatever other marine life (pilot whales, whale sharks, etc) that we happen to come across. In the afternoon, we'll play it by ear.....we'll likely end up at one or two of the local bays that are supposed to have good snorkeling.

No comments: