Dec 4, 2007

No Rhyme or Reason

I don't have much to say today, so I thought I'd just post a few previously unpublished pictures. D and I spent the weekend at home, watching a lot of football, grading papers, and getting some work done. On another note, I've decided that we should stay away from Islands Restaurant....I like the food, but for some reason that's where we get into conversations that start the tears flowing. The waitresses are going to start thinking we're clinically depressed. In general, we're doing pretty well....we miss Andrew bunches, but it comes in fits and spurts....we're normally relatively composed. The whole situation is still a bit surreal, both being in the NICU for all that time and leaving it as well. I think what makes me the most sad is that I'll never be able to touch him again. All of our keepsakes turned out as nicely as possible, but it's not the same as looking into his eyes and stroking his soft skin. I regret that so few people were able to experience that touch. Well, I started with nothing to say and ended up in tears, so let me move on to the pictures.

Here, Andrew takes "the position" to the extreme. Right hand scratching his head in thought, left hand inserted into mouth.

The double hand-hold. When he was resting peacefully like this, nothing beat holding his hand.

A demonstration of those piano-player fingers....I could almost put together a flip-book of all the pictures of his hands moving.

No comments: