Dec 4, 2007

G'Night

I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow....I have to leave the house around 5am....so I'll keep this short.

Our friends K & K had a beautiful baby girl today. Just in the three minute video we've seen, she's already cried more (audibly) than Andrew did in his entire life. It reminds me once again that living on a ventilator is in no way natural. Of course we wish Andrew were here and never had to confront the challenges that he faced. We are fortunate, however, that he had wonderful care while he was here, and that we still have the opportunity for future children with healthier prospects.

I hope this isn't too macabre for the blog, but I picked up Andrew's ashes from the mortuary this afternoon. It was, expectedly, a very small package. We'll likely hold onto them for a while, then scatter them at some point in the future. There are all sorts of rules and regulations that apply. I won't bore you with the details, but we'll probably have to do it at sea.

And, on a completely different note, we're slowly figuring out the details of our potential getaway. We'll likely be going to Hawaii the week before Christmas, which should give us the opportunity to get our minds off of recent events. I'm looking forward to snorkeling with manta rays (lifelong dream!), relaxing in the resort's lagoon, and seeing some nice beaches and waterfalls.

No comments: